- What are the requirements for opening a personal account with your bank?
An identity card or passport (copy and original)
Minimum opening balance where applicable
- What is the duration of opening an account?
An account is usually activated the same day a customer applies.
The ATM Card is usually given a week later after the customer pays the required amount.
In case of any delays, the customer should contact their branch for more information.
- How can one retrieve their card pin if they forget or lose them?
One should either go to the branch at the self-service area for assistance or call our contact Centre to have the pin reset.
- What are the requirements for opening a current account?
Identity card – both copy and original
Minimum opening balance
- How can I get a personal loan?
Minimum requirements include;
Identity card both original and copy
PIN card both original and copy
Salary slips for the last 3 months
- How long does it take to get a loan Approved by the bank?
The duration of getting a Co-op Bank loan usually depends on the type of loan one wants;
I.e. personal loans, business loans, SME loans and others – the minimum time that one can get a loan is usually between 48 working hours and 2 weeks depends on the amount and type of loan.
- Can one get a loan using a title deed? And what are the requirements for one to get a loan?
Yes. It is possible for one to get a loan using a title deed but it depends on the type of loan needed.
The requirements of getting a loan depend on the type of loan and can only be communicated at the branch after the customer identifies the type of loan.
- How can I open a bank account for my business?
All it requires is for you to come to the branch with the following:
Original and copy of ID and referee for individuals
Originals and copies of MoU,Registration certificates and Directors resolution to open an account with the bank
- Cheque Maturity?
Cheques take on average 48hours from time of deposit.
- Is the bank opened on weekends?
Yes, all branches are open on weekends from 8:30 am to Noon.
Some branches have extended hours on weekdays and weekends. Kindly visit the Co-op Bank website for more details or contact centre Tel: 211 977 763 245 / 211 916 138 838 / 211 977 763 239
- What is the maximum amount one can withdraw daily from the ATM?
The maximum ATM withdrawal is SSP. 8,000
- Why don’t you inform people of new things through text messages?
We utilize a variety of communication channels to speak to our customers. Such as Facebook, Twitter, Co-op Bank website, Major Newspapers, Billboards, SMS, Email, Branch staff and ATM display screens. We do our best to keep our customers informed of any major changes.
- Why do branches delay in processing the ATM cards?
The Bank does its best to ensure ATM cards are processed quickly. If there is any delay the branch will alert the customer. However, teller services are still available even when a customer does not have their ATM card.
- How can an ATM card be transferred from one branch to another and are there any charges?
One has to confirm with the branch that the ATM card is available. Then go to the desired branch and fill a debit card transfer form.
- At exactly what time do branches close? All at same time or at different times?
Majority of our branches open at 8:30am to 4:00 pm.
The Executive Banking hall and a few select branches have extended hours. Kindly visit the Co-op Bank website for more details or contact centre Tel: 211 977 763 245 / 211 916 138 838 / 211 977 763 239
- How can I contact my nearest branch?
Branch contacts for the branch near you can be found on the Co-operative bank website
- What if I send money to the wrong number?
Call the Co-op Bank contact center immediately and they will assist in reversing the transaction before the money is withdrawn.