The Co-operative Bank of South Sudan Limited was established as a joint venture between the Government of the Republic of South Sudan on behalf of the Co-operative Movement in South Sudan and the Co-operative Movement in Kenya through the Co-operative Bank of Kenya.
We are currently seeking to recruit a qualified South Sudan National to fill a vacant position of ICT Support Officer within the Bank.
Main duties of the role:
- Manage and support security infrastructure systems & devices (including Access Control Systems, Patch Management Systems, Web Application Firewalls, Database Security, Authentication Systems etc.).
- Design and implement security controls & configurations on systems, databases and network infrastructure.
Perform hardening of various operating, applications and database systems.
- Design and implement IT security architecture and proactively patch and implement secure configurations and protocols on IT systems.
- Provide security guidance during technology projects, systems deployment, upgrades and changes.
- Enforce Bank Information Security policies on IT systems and equipment as well as develop security solutions to mitigate against identified security vulnerabilities
- Liaise with various stakeholders in the Bank and external partners in enforcing IT security standards for IT infrastructure.
- Submit period and ad-hoc reports as required by Head of Department.
- Attend relevant security training on emerging technologies within the Information Security field and reference relevant professional institutions, to enable the bank achieve world-class information security practices.
- Analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing computer programs
- Installation, certification and configuration of ICT equipment
- Maintenance of support systems, support services and training
- Providing user support, maintaining support systems and training of users
- Development and implementation of the ICT strategy
- Configuring new Information Communication Technology equipment.
- Assist in developing, communicating and implementing organizational ICT policies and procedures in accordance with the ICT strategy, organizational direction, ICT legislation and best practice.
- Ensure that an adequate plan for disaster recovery and carrying out back‐ups of the organization data is maintained and has been effectively implemented·
- Provide MS Office, ERP and other internal IT and external system support
- Provide support and guidance to managers and staff in all the organizations offices on a full range of operational ICT issues
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/ Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification/ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other relevant security certifications will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Information Technology, will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge of database, network and operating system security, Network equipment and installation.
- Good understanding of Information Systems Architecture, systems security & control objectives
- Perform and produces quality work within deadlines, right first time.
- Work effectively as an individual as well as a team contributor on all assignments.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of your Academic Certificates to HRD@co-opbankss.com indicating “ICT/6/COOP/2017” in the subject line by 18th December, 2017. or hand delivery to:
The Human Resources Manager,
The Co-operative Bank of South Sudan Ltd, Plot Number 7 GIV Juba Market, South Sudan,
Telephones: +211 955 528 587, and +211 921 494 670.