Are you a highly motivated professional with a successful track record of strategic and operational delivery of results? Do you possess strong financial acumen coupled with a solid understanding of business structures, processes, and information flow in the banking sector?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Risk Officer to join our Risk Department. Reporting directly to the Senior Risk Manager – Kenya, the role holder will be responsible for identification, measurement, mitigation and analyzing the various risk exposures that the Co-operative Bank of South Sudan faces in its business activities and work
- Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Assist in designing and implementing an overall management framework for Co-operative Bank of South Sudan.
Assist in development and continuously update the Co-operative Bank of South Sudan risk appetite statement and risk
limits that will be applied by the business & support units.
- Coordinate risk assessments and promotion of internal controls and enterprise risk management practices and carry out
risk assessment reviews across the Bank as per the risk annual plan.
- Monitor adherence and compliance to the Risk Appetite Statement provisions and work with the Business and Operations
units within the Bank to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
- Identify, assess and analyze both operational and credit risks that are inherent in the Bank’s Banking Book as per the
Bank’s Credit Risk Policy Framework.
- Review Bank business processes and product design and implementation to ensure that adequate controls are in place to
identify, monitor and manage associated risks.
- Generate regular reports that monitor the various risk exposures that the Bank faces that include but not limited to
Credit, Market, Operational Risks, Technology Risks, BCP, Reputational, Risk Events and Loss Data Base and communicate
to the Bank’s Business Management Teams and the Group Risk Management Team based in Kenya on a regular basis for
- Develop Operations risk mitigation strategies for the bank’s critical operations and for monitoring the same.
- Work with Business and Operations units within the Bank to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk registers.
- Coordinate the Risk Control Self-assessments (RCSA) framework across the various Support and Business units of the bank.
This will also include collation and reporting of the results.
- Ensure strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per
the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to Compliance
- Contribute towards the department/division attaining a “Satisfactory” rating in both internal and external audit by
performing the role to the required standards and adhering to all internal processes and procedures as per relevant.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field with at least 5 years’ banking experience in either risk management and/or finance.
- Risk Management professional qualification(s) will be added advantage.
- Good understanding of relevant regulatory requirements, BOSS Prudential and Risk Management guidelines as well as sound knowledge of Bank processes and procedures;
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized, thorough, quality conscious with a structured and disciplined approach to risk.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
How to apply:
This position presents an excellent step to make highly valuable contributions within a team. If you fit the profile, then apply today! Use the link https://172.16.206.18:8443/recruitr to apply for this position, reference number “RO/COBSS/2017” by close of business on Friday, 22nd December, 2017.